- This event has passed.
Sykes Park Mega Build Work Day
May 5 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
THIS IS THE BIG PUSH… THE GRAND OPENING WILL BE A IN MAY!
Come one, come all. We will have plenty to do and plenty for all abilities and levels of energy you want to put into to. Please spread the word
1. Finishing hand work on the outer loop. – 5 different sections that if we had 8 people per section we would most likely complete them all
2. Fixing and building new drains on the original loop.
3. Rerouting a section of the original loop to bypass a low lying, muddy section.
4. General beautification of the park (trash pick-up, raking, moving downed logs, etc)
SORBA Atlanta and the City of East Point have partnered to develop what we hope will eventually become a series of connecting trails throughout the ATL Airport District by starting with beautiful Skyes Park in East Point. SORBA Atlanta is proud and excited to partner with the City of East Point to bring these trails to you next spring with the help of volunteers like you.
SORBA will be providing some coffee and morning snacks (Donuts, bagels, biscuits or similar)
1. Long Sleeve Shirt, Pants, a Hat or Headcover (Don’t come in shorts please.)
2. Work boots or shoes you don’t mind getting dirty
3. Gloves (we will have some to borrow, but yours are better)
4. At least one water bottle, filled with water of course =)
5. Your friends and family
We will have a waiver for you to sign for you and any minors attending.
More to come within the discussion!